Thursday 14 July 2011

The past three weeks ...

Heyaaaa! Its Pops here! China is asleep in the bunk above me :)

Thought I'd update our bloggy with the past few weeks activities as we haven't really had the time...or wifi to do so :)

Sooooo where to begin...

After a few rocky days in Bangkok, we jumped on a night train which was heading to Surat Thani (I think that's how you spell it). The 14 hour train ride was surprisingly comfy and nice! We has crazy bunkbeds and slept the whole time which was cool!

Once we got to Surat Thani, we jumped on a coach which was heading for Phuket. On the bus wondered on 4 odd looking people...I asked them where they were heading to check we were going in the right direction and they replied "Phuket". We then informed them we would be following them to their hostel as we hadn't planned where we were staying (which seems to be a recurring thing me and China keep doing)...ANYWHO. We started chatting to them and it turned out they had been working in Melbourne for the past year and was going to Thailand for some party times. Their names were Liv, Nik, Joe and Kit.
Basically it turned out they wasn't so odd and we spent around 10 days with them!!!! :)

Sooooooo, we arrived in Phuket, Patong Beach and got to our hostel, Patong Backpackers and discovered our aircon wasn't working and our skin was literally melting off! So we complained and moved rooms. :) We then finally got to a beach with our new adopted/forced pals from the bus and sunbathed...with no suntan lotion on...major error as me and Chink got veryyyyyy burnt (Chink is still peeling three weeks later). Then further errors happened...Chink got in the sea and in 3 minutes of being in the sea...got stung by a jelly fish!!! I mean, I was quite happy to pee on her...but the lifeguards said vinegar would work just as much. China then asked the standard "will I die" question, and got laughed at by Thai people...ha!

At this point, me and China had a nervous breakdown. On Chinks part she cried a lot...I just laughed dileriously at the sitch because I had no tears due to the sweat pouring from my body due to the heat. It kinda dawned on us that we were now just little ants in a very big world and we really had no clue what we were doing. We then stressed some more and booked a flight to take us direct to Singapore from Phuket. This meaning we were gonna be missing out Malaysia...oh well!

After our breakdown...we decided to man up and smile. We booked a boat to Phi Phi Island and so did the Gappys ( Liv, Nik, Joe and Kit)! In the mean time... We had a crazy old night on Banglah road!!! It involed buckets of booze, rows over being short changed (whicj I'm still unsure if I actually was), some complaining to the manager of a club for how I was being spoken too, three people in a smelly toilet, rain, boobs, ping pong shows, poles, Chang beer and sambuca, Mcdonalds and lots moreeeee booze!!! It was definately one mental night in Thailand.

A few days later, we hit Phi Phi. OMG WAS IT BEAUTIFUL!!! We were soooo happy to see such a pretty white sandy beach and seaaaa and sun!!! :) we managed to bag our self an amzing room right on the beach, bamboo hut and all sorts...thanks to Chinks amazing bartering skills!! 200 bahts a night, which was roughly £4!
We ended up staying 8 nights in total. :)
We went on a long boat to Maya Bay - aka the most beautiful place ever!!! We snorkeled with fish, saw some amazing places and the headed back to Phi Phi.
***Just a lil dedication to the Gappys***
We love you guys!!! We were literally inseparable for the whole time and had such fun with them all. They we are such amazingly lovely people and we most definitely won't ever forget them. Lots of love to them. Xxxxxxx

Also on Phi Phi we met some more cool cats who knew the Gappys...Janey, Alex and the Cardiff uni girls.

Phi Phi was such a fun and I'm sad that part of the adventure is over :(

So after an emotional goodbye to the family...me and Chink chilled out...while I nursed a crazy infected foot! We then got a boat back to Patong beach...which perhaps was the worst boat ride EVER!!! The boat was like it was going to capsize, we threw up A LOT! I was happy to reach land!!! From there we went back to Patong Backpackers where Tip, the boss of the hostel invited us for dinner! It was so beautiful!! On a side of a mountain overlooking Phuket.

I then got bit by some weirddd spider and got a nice infected bite...adding to this I also got another blister which formed into an infected mess...leading me to hobble along like an old lady!!! Never cool!!!

We thennnnnn went on an elephant, saw a monkey show and he picked the dry skin from my peeling head (which was delightful), we then saw some horrid snakes...China didn't actually believe how scared I was until I practically climbed up a wall!!!! The next day we went to the Zoo and saw so many cool animals and even stroked a tiger! Yes a real huge scary looking kitty!!! Personally I am now very against Zoo's and stuff. Some of the animals were kept in tiny cages and at one point me and China wanted to leave. If I had it my way I would have unlocked all the cages :) No more Zoos for me please...accept Steve Irwins one :)

After three days back in Patong, we jumped on a flight to Singapore...and here we are now!! :)

Slightly hectic trying to get somewhere to stay...but hey it was fun! We are in a hostel called Green Kiwi...or something like that. The rooms are clean and the people are cool. :)

I love love Singapore! Its such a cool city! Defo would come back! Today me and Chink went to an electrical shopping centre and she got a new camera and a netbook for superrrr cheap! :) we like that!!!!

So now, I'm laying in bed with a very very sore foot and a rather swollen leg due to a spidey bite...its elevated off the ground as per China Golds instructions :) (I seriously have it elevated Chink, I promise)!!!

A few days and its hellllo Oz!!!! SOOOOO excited!!!

This post hasn't done the past three weeks justice (Chinks can fill the rest in tomorro on her new netty b) butttt all I can say is this is AMAZING. Thailand and Singapore - WE LOVE YOU. Yes it was rocky to start with...but...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger and teaches you to man up and troop on (unless of course my spider bite is fatal then this saying is rather stupid and pointless :) - and this is what we will do.

See yahhh, Pops. Xxxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. A fantastic post, felt like I was there with you....and you are right this trip will make you stronger people, WELL DONE you 2 on getting on with it, love you xxx

    ReplyDelete